FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND NUTRITION THAT LINKS GUT HEALTH TO KIDNEY HEALTH
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d now features our ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense prebiotic blend
Delicious nutrition to help your patients stand strong
Clincially proven nutrition to improve and lengthen quality of life - now with ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense
Sign in or register to learn more
Additional product information and resources are available for veterinary professionals with registered HillsVet.com accounts.
Don’t have an account yet?
Join us today and unlock all of the tools we’ve made for your clinic!
Acting early is critical to help give pets their strongest possible future
New evidence1 2 supports a link between gut microbiome health and chronic kidney disease (CKD), even in early stages. For pets, this makes early detection and treatment more important than ever.
- Encourage CKD screenings in your regular check-ups.
- 40–60% of pets with kidney disease are NOT eating a renal food.3,4 Switch them to an appropriate k/d product in CKD Stage 1 to help slow progression. Hill's Prescription Diet k/d is clinically proven with Grade I clinical evidence.
ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense is specifically formulated to support pets with CKD
With our proprietary blend of betaine and prebiotic fibres shown to nourish the gut microbiome to help support kidney function. Now included in all Hill's Prescription Diet k/d formulas.
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d nutrition is formulated to help decrease the load on kidneys
- Supports pets' natural ability to build and maintain muscle mass
- Dry foods include our Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.) technology, clinically proven to stimulate appetite and encourage food intake.
An easier way to create your recommendation
Three great ways to order our products
- Ephraim E and Jewell DE. Effect of added dietary betaine and soluble fiber on metabolites and fecal microbiome in dogs with early renal disease. Metabolites 2020;10:0370. https://doi.org/10.3390/metabo10090370)
- Hall JA, et al. Feeding cats with chronic kidney disease food supplemented with betaine and prebiotics increases total body mass and reduces uremic toxins. PLoS ONE 2022;17(5);e0268624. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0268624)
- Chen CN, et al. Vet J 2018;232:33-39.
- Markovich JE, et al. J Fel Med Surg 2015;17:979-83.